There are many great Grass Valley area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call me at (530) 273-0073 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
Everyone’s main objective when putting their home on the market is to sell it as quickly as possible and for the highest possible amount. It doesn’t always work out this way because homeowners make simple mistakes that hinder their home’s market value. I want to share with you today a list that I have come up with of 6 common home selling mistakes that sellers make. All of these mistakes are totally avoidable and fixing them could be the key to your home selling quickly.
- Trying to maximize the profits on your home sale is not always the answer. There is a very fine line between what is determined as overpricing for your home’s listing and what is deemed a fair price. Overpricing can take a home and immediately ruin its chances of being sold.
2. Inability to Show the Home
- It is of utmost importance to make your home as accessible as possible to both your agent and prospective buyers. Each showing of your house greatly increases the chances of your home being sold.
3. Decluttering and Depersonalizing
- Organizing your house into a neutral setting is also key for getting prospective buyers interested. It is important for the prospective buyer to see themselves living in the home and can visualize adding their own flair to the living space.
4. Unpleasant Odors
- Each home has its own distinct scent. If you have been living in your home for more than a few months, you probably don’t smell it, but others do. Having a pleasant, inviting aroma in your home will make potential buyers more comfortable in any setting and put them in a better mood.
- You most likely will not be selling your home for your initial asking price. Buyers want to feel like they got a deal on a home, so the ability to negotiate a price comes into play.
6.Unwillingness to Make Repairs
- While it is not expected of you to make every single thing in your house perfect, fixing things like plumbing leaks, electrical hazards, and broken windows will put potential buyers more at ease with purchasing your home.
If you would like to learn about some more common mistakes, or are in the market for buying or selling a home in Nevada County, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (530) 273-0073.